torsdag den 7. juli 2016

How and why to blog as a student during an internship

As a creative person, passion does not only show in your work at the office, it also shows up at home. I am starting over a new leaf with blogging. Some may not know, but blogging is hard work. For those who know, you might feel the same way as I: You have to put on so many different hats to make the blog posts work for those who read them. You're the content creator, editor and the marketer on these blog post of yours. It doesn't matter if you blog about food, cats, UX design or just showing former work projects - it all comes down to one thing: passion.




I am going to tell you about my experience with blogging during my time as an E-concept Developer intern at Klone.dk. Let's get to it.

Introduction

As some of you might know from previous blog posts, I was an intern at Klone.dk back in 2012. I have written and showed you some of the projects before; Redesign of Klone.dk , Klone-oplevelseskoncept, but I have never shown you the blog, "Klone-Praktik", that was made during the internship.

//Find link in the end of this blog post!


Blogging as an intern be like...

We were three interns in the group. Back then, I was responsible for updating our blog. I already had some experience with blogging, so it seemed like the right way to do it. Here is what we did - and what you can do as well.


Why start up a blog during an internship?
  • We were not located and seated in Klone.dk's office, so to keep our boss up-to-date on how the concept was evolving from day to day, we started the blog "Klone-Praktik".
  • To share the blog with our teachers who wanted documentation on our learning and progress during the internship.
  • My own personal goal with the blog was an oppotunity to document my work and later on show it off (for example to you guys).

Daily brief at the end of the workday
  • Reflectation on what was accomplished 
  • What tasks we finished/made progress on
  • What is worth writing or showing on the blog today
  • Include images when possible - makes it more interesting to read
So, what happened to the concept?

Klone.dk is still a psychical concept, but they never got to release our e-concept on live. It's a pity, because the concept and the idea of this online universe for kids and their families, was something that could really lift the quality and service of Klone. We had free liberty to use the case and concept we made, in our online portfolios.


I hope that this blog post inspire you to start up your own blog for your study projects. To me it was a great experience, even if it did not involve a lot of readers or followers. Considering to do it? Go nuts!


Phew! Thanks for hanging in there with me. Don't forget to visit the blog "Klone-Praktik" (Note: Blog is in Danish). And remember; it's never to late to start up your own blog. See you soon, folks - and happy blogging!


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar